PADDLEWHEEL FLOW METER FPW SERIES 05/10/20
Paddlewheel flow meter FPW with the paddlewheel is based on the principle of mechanical measurement. The FPW flow meter with paddlewheel, being made in FPW 05, FPW 10 and FPW 20 versions, represents an alternative solution to industrial measurement of electrically non-conductive liquids for which our inductive flow meters cannot be used.
The FPW mechanical flow meter with paddlewheel is a simple and very affordable solution with undemanding installation.
FPW flow meter key technical properties
The FPW flow meter is designed for continuous measurement of clean liquids without solids with flow velocities of 0.3÷6 m/s (ideally 1.5÷3 m/sec).
The measurement itself is implemented by rotation of the paddlewheel rotor fitted with stainless steel needles scanned by the inductive sensor. Thanks to this solution, without using magnetic needles, no fine ferrous particles are deposited on the paddlewheel, which contributes to long service life and stability of the metrological parameters. The velocity of rotary motion is directly proportional to flow velocity of the measured medium. The measuring probe is put inside the piping at an adequate depth and provided with an arrow indicating the flow direction of the medium for proper displacement.
The flow meter output can be connected to a wide range of control systems or to the display unit.
The meter is made in three versions:
- FPW 05 – Impulse signal (without a variable constant)
- FPW 10 – Impulse (variable constant)/ adjustable normally open contact
- FPW 20 – Impulse (variable constant)/ adjustable normally open contact / 4÷20mA
Application of the mechanical flow meter in industry
The FPW paddlewheel flow meters are advantageously used if less measurement accuracy is needed but the purchase price is forced down. Its robust design predetermines the flow meter to wide employment in various types of industry and on all sorts of clean liquid media.
Paddlewheel flow meter FPW 05/10/20 and its main advantages
- Quick and easy installation
- Simple operation
- very simple and prompt service
- Universal use (non-conductive media are also measured)
- Long service life
- Various fittings
- absence of magnets (longer service life)
- Optional all-plastic construction/li>
- “Self-teaching” system to set up a switching point
- Variability of output signals
- For FPW 10 and FPW 20, possible cable connection with M12 (4-pin) connector
- Possibility of using the flow monitoring function (flow switch)
- State indication using status LEDs
- Low purchase costs compared with other measurement principles