Induction batch flow meter for industry
It is an integral compact system for handling batch-related problems from initial batch setting, its metering (its suspension or cancellation in some case) up to direct control of the actuator using the control voltage up to 230VAC.
The control is modified also for operation using gloves so that it can correspond to usage in heavy industry.
The flow measuring sensor can be provided with the process connection as required (flange-, sandwich- (inter-flange), threaded-, and dairy fittings (DIN 11851) or Clamp).
- industrial construction of the batch flow meter
- very simple and intuitive operation
- potentiometer for adjusting the batch size
- possible suspension of the batch for its completion later
- pulse output of the flow with a variable constant
- high resistance to abrasion (even flowing concrete)
- the flow sensor can be modified to a very aggressive or alkaline fluid
- extensive variability of process connection
- sensor can be in all-stainless steel construction
BATCH FLOW METER DIAGRAM
VARIOS DESIGNS OF THE FLOW METER
|Power supply||230 VAC (50/60 Hz)|
|Input power||4,6 VA|
|Type of electronics||Batch box (B)|
|Design||separated (standard cable length 3 m)|
|Diameter nominal||DN 10÷400|
|Lining material||rubber (hard, soft, with potable water test certificate), PTFE|
|PFA, E-CTFE, FEP, ceramics|
|Electrode material||CrNi steel DIN 1.4571, Hastelloy C4, Titan, Tantal|
|Sensor material||flanged – stainless steel and structural steel with polyurethane coating|
|sandwich, threaded, food grade – stainless steel|
|flanged DIN (EN1092)|
|threaded (EN ISO 228-1)|
|food grade (fitting DIN 11851, Clamp)|
|Pressure||PN10, PN16, PN25, PN40|
|Min. conductivity of the measured fluid||20 μS (at a lower conductivity, upon agreement with the manufacturer)|
|Flow meter measuring range (Qmin/Qmax)||0,2÷12 m/s (1/60); 0,12÷12 m/s (1/100); 0,06÷12 m/s (1/200)|
|Flow meter accuracy||accuracy up to 0,5 %, repeatability up to 0,2 %|
|Additional electrodes||grounding and detection electrodes for empty piping (DN 15÷DN 400)|
|Empty piping detection||DN 15÷DN 400|
|Display||LCD 2×16 characters|
|Control||2x button (START, STOP) and potentiometer for adjusting the batch size|
|3× microswitch button (viewing + changing the control unit parameters)|
|Outputs||2x valve actuation output|
|impulse/flow switch (max. 400 Hz)|
|Max. ambient temperature||55 °C|
|Flow sensor degree of protection||IP65, IP67, IP68|
|Electronics degree of protection||IP65|
|Material of the evaluation unit||ABS plastic|
|Size of the evaluation unit||220x170x80 mm (HxWxD)|
|Weight of the evaluation unit||2540 g|
The construction of the BATCH unit is robust and modified by its simple operation and large controls for adjusting even with gloves, namely under very heavy conditions, supplemented with a complete noise suppressing filter.
The evaluation unit is provided with two external buttons (green and red ones) on the bottom of the unit controlling the batch and with a potentiometer between the buttons for adjusting the batch size. Moreover, there are three adjusting buttons on the meter itself located on the lower part of the stainless-steel plate of the measuring electronics.
Functions of the batch control buttons (lower):
- Potentiometer Adjustment of the batch size, whereas the minimum potentiometer value corresponds to the set limit for the minimum batch and the maximum displacement of the potentiometer corresponds to the maximum batch size.
- Green „START“ buttonThe start of adjusted batch from the beginning, possibly its restart in case of being previously stopped with the red button.
- Red „STOP“ buttonStopping the ongoing batch. In case that the batch has been suspended, the entire incomplete batch is zeroed and the unit is ready for restarting the batch from the beginning by means of the green button.